'Check in your ego with your coat' at Davos forum
PR industry bosses heading to Davos for the annual World Economic Forum next week have been advised to 'check in their egos with their coats'.
Ketchum London CEO David Gallagher has come up with six tips for surviving the hectic and often confusing few days in the Swiss town:
1. Go with a purpose. Whether it is to learn or network, don't think you can wing it.
2. Plan to be tired. Sessions start at 7am and the parties go on until dawn.
3. Unless you are an A-lister, accommodation is sparse. A decent towel and pillow will be worth the luggage space.
4. Check in your ego with your coat. No matter what you do, you will be surrounded by people who do it better.
5. Pack a scarf and gloves. And black rubber-soled boots that you won't have to take off at the security at every entrance.
6. Don't wear a dinner jacket at the closing party, even if the invite says it is black tie. You will be pinned as a newbie.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Creative Lead Dahling Ltd Circa £60,000, Central London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion - Paris Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London