Oyster to roll out watch initiative
LONDON Cashless payment scheme Oyster is to launch an additional method for touching in and out of London public transport later this year in the form of a wristwatch.
The watch, which has inbuilt Oyster payment technology, has been trialled over the past six months by 500 members of Transport for London staff and is due to be rolled out later this year.
Oyster is in discussions with several watch brands, including Swatch, to secure an official launch partner.
Travellers with a Barclaycard OnePulse card can already touch in using their card to make journeys and Oyster is now trialling the use of Nokia handsets, which also feature Oyster technology. However, Sue Doyle, marketing director of TranSys, which owns Oyster, said it is unlikely that the Nokia product would officially launch for at least another two years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London