Oyster to roll out watch initiative
LONDON Cashless payment scheme Oyster is to launch an additional method for touching in and out of London public transport later this year in the form of a wristwatch.
The watch, which has inbuilt Oyster payment technology, has been trialled over the past six months by 500 members of Transport for London staff and is due to be rolled out later this year.
Oyster is in discussions with several watch brands, including Swatch, to secure an official launch partner.
Travellers with a Barclaycard OnePulse card can already touch in using their card to make journeys and Oyster is now trialling the use of Nokia handsets, which also feature Oyster technology. However, Sue Doyle, marketing director of TranSys, which owns Oyster, said it is unlikely that the Nokia product would officially launch for at least another two years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East