Oyster to roll out watch initiative
LONDON Cashless payment scheme Oyster is to launch an additional method for touching in and out of London public transport later this year in the form of a wristwatch.
The watch, which has inbuilt Oyster payment technology, has been trialled over the past six months by 500 members of Transport for London staff and is due to be rolled out later this year.
Oyster is in discussions with several watch brands, including Swatch, to secure an official launch partner.
Travellers with a Barclaycard OnePulse card can already touch in using their card to make journeys and Oyster is now trialling the use of Nokia handsets, which also feature Oyster technology. However, Sue Doyle, marketing director of TranSys, which owns Oyster, said it is unlikely that the Nokia product would officially launch for at least another two years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)