Majority of marketers expect email marketing spend to rise
LONDON - More than 80% of marketers expect their email marketing expenditure to increase, according to a DMA survey, which also found that direct mail and telemarketing form the most successful combination alongside email.
The study found more than 80% of respondents expected their company to increase expenditure in email marketing, with around half saying they would not be re-allocating money from another marketing channel to do so.
The National Client Email Marketing Survey found that 39% of respondents considered direct mail and telemarketing the most successful campaign tools to work alongside email marketing, with 34% putting integrated email and telemarketing in second place.
However, the DMA that said on average companies only had email addresses for 50% of their database.
The DMA study also found email delivery rates were "slightly down" from last year, which it said was due to increased volumes and heightened competition in the sector.
Richard Gibson, chair of the DMA email marketing council's benchmarking hub, said: "It's encouraging to note that many organisations are taking a multi-channel approach to growing their email databases.
"We mustn't underestimate the challenges for many organisations in integrating offline data capture of email addresses -- there needs to be a multi-channel view of the whole customer experience."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...