Majority of marketers expect email marketing spend to rise
LONDON - More than 80% of marketers expect their email marketing expenditure to increase, according to a DMA survey, which also found that direct mail and telemarketing form the most successful combination alongside email.
The study found more than 80% of respondents expected their company to increase expenditure in email marketing, with around half saying they would not be re-allocating money from another marketing channel to do so.
The National Client Email Marketing Survey found that 39% of respondents considered direct mail and telemarketing the most successful campaign tools to work alongside email marketing, with 34% putting integrated email and telemarketing in second place.
However, the DMA that said on average companies only had email addresses for 50% of their database.
The DMA study also found email delivery rates were "slightly down" from last year, which it said was due to increased volumes and heightened competition in the sector.
Richard Gibson, chair of the DMA email marketing council's benchmarking hub, said: "It's encouraging to note that many organisations are taking a multi-channel approach to growing their email databases.
"We mustn't underestimate the challenges for many organisations in integrating offline data capture of email addresses -- there needs to be a multi-channel view of the whole customer experience."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Assistant Loyalty Programme Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South West England