BBC launches cinema push to back Doctor Who
LONDON - The BBC is launching a cinema campaign to back the new series of 'Doctor Who', in almost 2,000 cinemas.
The 90-second trailer, which breaks tonight and was produced by Red Bee Media, will appear before the films 'Cloverfield', 'Juno', 'John Rambo' and 'There Will Be Blood'.
The trailer is part of a BBC test with cinema sales house Carlton Screen Advertising to showcase BBC content. It will appear in 837 Odeon screens, 736 Cineworld screens and 142 Empire screens.
Naomi Gibney, head of marketing at BBC Vision, said: "This is a great opportunity for the BBC to reach new audiences with an exciting preview of the new series of Doctor Who."
Catherine Tate will reprise her role as Donna, the runaway bride, throughout the new series, alongside David Tennant as The Doctor.
The first episode of the fourth series will see Donna tracking down The Doctor during an alien emergency in modern-day London.
The fourth series of 'Doctor Who' is now in production and will hit BBC One in spring 2008.
The arrival of the new series comes as 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Torchwood' has blasted its way straight to the top of BBC Two's ratings.
The new series, which has attracted criticism for risque storylines, pulled in 1m viewers -- more viewers than any other show on BBC Two last week. It follows Captain Jack Harkness, played by John Barrowman, and his team investigating alien and paranormal activity.
In its first week on the terrestrial channel, 4.2m people watched 'Torchwood' see off a threat from a rogue time-agent, played by former 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' star James Masters. In the second episode the team solved a rift in time connecting the present to 1918 and the Great War.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...