Bauer plans Q Radio as it hires ex-BBC man Blaxill
LONDON - Bauer Radio has appointed Ric Blaxill, former BBC Radio 6Music head of programmes, as a consultant as it unveils plans to launch a Q Radio station based on music magazine Q.
Blaxill, a former executive at 'Top of the Pops' and BBC Radio 1, will oversee a range of new music propositions aimed at men as part of Bauer's plan to expand its newly acquired radio division with music magazine Q
Q Radio will offer live performances, themed programming, specialist music stands and comedy. Blaxill is working with Q editor Paul Rees on the project.
Blaxill said: "It's good to look at the potential for translating strong magazine brands into strong radio formats. To translate Q magazine's reputation, content and credibility into an all-new radio format would be very exciting not only for music fans but for digital radio.
Bauer is currently talking to potential commercial partners about the new offering, which may see five exclusive sponsors.
Rees added: "One of our key aims for the future is transferring and expanding the Q ethos effectively and properly, cross-brand for the first time.
"All-new Q Radio could be a major part of this effort and a number of clients are already interested. Having a man of Ric's vast experience on board to help us do so can only be of great benefit."
The move follows the launch of Heat radio last September, and the imminent launch of Closer Radio.
Bauer Radio, formerly Emap Radio, was acquired from Emap last month as part of a £1.1bn deal that also included Emap's consumer magazine brands.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...