Bauer plans Q Radio as it hires ex-BBC man Blaxill
LONDON - Bauer Radio has appointed Ric Blaxill, former BBC Radio 6Music head of programmes, as a consultant as it unveils plans to launch a Q Radio station based on music magazine Q.
Blaxill, a former executive at 'Top of the Pops' and BBC Radio 1, will oversee a range of new music propositions aimed at men as part of Bauer's plan to expand its newly acquired radio division with music magazine Q
Q Radio will offer live performances, themed programming, specialist music stands and comedy. Blaxill is working with Q editor Paul Rees on the project.
Blaxill said: "It's good to look at the potential for translating strong magazine brands into strong radio formats. To translate Q magazine's reputation, content and credibility into an all-new radio format would be very exciting not only for music fans but for digital radio.
Bauer is currently talking to potential commercial partners about the new offering, which may see five exclusive sponsors.
Rees added: "One of our key aims for the future is transferring and expanding the Q ethos effectively and properly, cross-brand for the first time.
"All-new Q Radio could be a major part of this effort and a number of clients are already interested. Having a man of Ric's vast experience on board to help us do so can only be of great benefit."
The move follows the launch of Heat radio last September, and the imminent launch of Closer Radio.
Bauer Radio, formerly Emap Radio, was acquired from Emap last month as part of a £1.1bn deal that also included Emap's consumer magazine brands.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...