Sunday Times looks at compact format
LONDON - News International is considering taking The Sunday Times compact, as part of a planned series of major changes to the title.
Format change...under consideration by Sunday Times
The revamp is expected to follow News International's move to new £600 million full-colour presses in March.
According to agency sources, the new presses will be the catalyst for changes that could include The Sunday Times going compact, moving to a seven-column grid and running with pull-out sections in the main paper instead of polybagged extras.
The Times on Saturday, which, like the weekday editions, is already compact, is expected to be used as a test for The Sunday Times following suit, one source said. This could involve moving sections of the Saturday Times package inside the main paper.
Agencies have expressed some concern over the move to full-colour owing to potential rate card increases.
A Times Media spokeswoman said: "This is gossip and speculation. The opportunity of full colour is allowing all editors to look at opportunities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)