FabChannel signs online gig deal with Universal
LONDON - FabChannel.com is to distribute live online recordings of Universal Music artists performing in Amsterdam, adding to concerts from the likes of the Stereophonics, Bloc Party and Bright Eyes.
From today, fans around the globe will have access to live concert videos from up-and-coming musicians, as well as established Universal Music artists, performing at the Paradiso and Melkweg in Amsterdam.
Other venues covered by FabChannel include Sala Bikini and Apollo in Barcelona and The Roxy in LA.
The recorded concerts, in broadband video quality, can be viewed for free on Fabchannnel.com or bought as video and audio downloads from the website's download service.
In addition, Universal Music will distribute the video and audio downloads across digital and mobile services.
Forthcoming bands performing at the Paridiso include pop bands Menomena, The Excitors and The National Bank, which will be available to view on the website in March.
These acts will join existing performances available in FabChannel's archives such as Stereophonics, Damien Rice, The Frames, Simple Minds, Madness, Paul Weller, Nightwish, Bloc Party and Bright Eyes.
In all the site already holds more than 850 exclusive live concerts from around the world. Features on the site include concert of the day, charts and the ability to create your own playlist.
Kees van der Hoeven, president of Universal Music Netherlands, said: "We are looking forward to creating new content and audio-visual offerings for our music fans through this deal.
"FabChannel has created a unique media platform that provides fans with an exciting way to enjoy live music and discover new bands."
Justin Kniest, CEO of FabChannel, said this model gives brands and businesses new ways to connect and interact with consumers in the 25-and-under youth demographic.
Kniest said: "Our agreement with Universal Music Netherlands will make FabChannel's media-centric experience even more compelling."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 plus company car, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derby, Derbyshire / Leicester, Leiceste...
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London