Girls Aloud sign up for low-calorie Kit Kat ads
LONDON - Pop group Girls Aloud have signed a deal with Kit Kat to front a multimillion-pound ad campaign for a new low-calorie version of the Nestle Rowntree chocolate bar.
The band will appear in new TV, poster and newspaper ads for Kit Kat Senses, which has just 165 calories and is aimed at women.
Details of the contract are reportedly still being finalised but it is believed to be their biggest advertising deal to date.
The girls -- Sarah Harding, Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts -- also have promotional deals with Unilever hair care brand Sunsilk, as well as with Samsung Electronics.
Sunsilk signed a multimillion-pound one-year contract with the group last April, which covered a full marketing programme, including a TV and print ad campaign; on-pack promotion and in-store marketing; PR and endorsement; and sponsorship of the band's tour.
Samsung also signed Girls Aloud last year to market its music products through a series of promotional campaigns for mobile phones and MP3 players.
Separately, Harding has an existing deal with lingerie manufacturer Ultimo and Cole has fronted ad campaigns for Coke Zero.
Since being formed on the reality TV show 'Popstars the Rivals', Girls Aloud have notched up numerous consecutive top 10 singles, including 'Sound of the Underground', 'Love Machine' and 'Something Kinda Ooooh'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London