Co-operative signs up as Scotland rugby league sponsor
LONDON - The Co-operative has signed as the next shirt sponsor for the Scotland Rugby League national team, in a two-year deal that encompasses the World Cup in Australia this year.
The retailer has signed a five-figure deal that will see its name appear on the team's shirts for the next two years, across all of the national sides from Under-16s and upwards.
The Co-operative has 450 outlets in Scotland and employs 8,000 staff there.
Liz Matkin, sponsorship manager, said: "The players and management have achieved a remarkable feat in qualifying for the World Cup in Australia later this year and we are delighted to be involved with them.
"In addition to supporting the national side on an international scale, we are also committed to the sport at community level, which is where our sponsorship has its greatest synergy."
The Rugby League World Cup begins on October 25.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London