Radiohead's Thom Yorke to guest-edit Observer Magazine
LONDON - Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke is to guest-edit an edition of the Observer Magazine, as part of his ongoing work for the Friends of the Earth climate change campaign, The Big Ask.
Yorke, who launched the charity campaign in 2005, has contributed a number of pieces to the special climate change edition of the magazine, which will be published with The Observer this Sunday.
Among the articles to feature is an interview with London mayor Ken Livingstone about his attitude to green issues, conducted by Yorke.
The magazine will also include a Q&A with Yorke himself, in which he discusses his green credentials and his optimism for the future of the environment.
Yorke said: "I hope this climate change special of the Observer magazine will help get the message out that the solutions to climate change are out there -- we just need political leadership to make them happen."
The Big Ask campaign has gained support from celebrities including Jude Law, James Blunt, Bill Oddie, Gillian Anderson and Johnny Borrell.
It has already successfully lobbied the Government to introduce a new climate change law, but Friends of the Earth is now calling for the law to be strengthened, to force the UK to cut its emissions by 80 per cent in the next 40 years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)