TV Licensing updates logo ahead of fresh campaign
LONDON - TV Licensing is revealing a new image next month and introducing a fresh logo after 17 years, which will be backed by an integrated campaign focusing on how it uses technology to make it easier to pay.
The licence fee collection body commissioned The Partners to design a more modern visual identity, with an eye on the technological changes that will potentially disrupt the public's relationship with the licence fee.
It said its new logo is based on the power button design seen on many electrical devices, stating that many of these, such as laptops and mobiles, are now able to receive TV and therefore their use may need to be covered by a TV licence. The button incorporates a tick to convey the positive connotations of being licensed.
The integrated campaign, 'Circuit City', will stress the message that TV licensing uses computer technology to make it easier to pay the licence than ever before and harder to hide if you are an evader. It was developed in partnership with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, PHD and Proximity London, with TV production by Red Bee.
It will roll out first with online banners and direct mail on April 1. TV exposure, on BBC and commercial channels, will start on April 14 followed by radio on April 19 and posters on April 21.
Peter Kirk, marketing manager for TV Licensing, said: "TV Licensing has come a long way since 1990, when the old trademark was registered. We've more than halved the estimated evasion rate and significantly reduced collection costs."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive, London, up to £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London