NBC Universal kids' channel seeks brand sponsorships
NBC Universal-backed kids' broadcaster KidsCo, which is gearing up for a UK launch, is initiating discussions with agencies to secure international sponsorship.
NBC Universal kids' channel Kidsco seeks brand sponsorships
Paul Robinson, managing director of KidsCo - a joint-venture between kids' TV producers Nelvana, DIC Entertainment and NBC Universal - said the business is looking for sponsorship with brands around certain content genres.
KidsCo is in talks with agencies representing cereal, movie, toy, juice drink, sports clothing and car clients. Robinson said its targeting of non-food brands was necessary due to food advertising regulations.
The broadcaster, which is competing with established kids' TV broadcasters Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon, has not generated advertising income in the past.
KidsCo plans to launch in the UK this year. Robinson said it was in talks with Virgin Media, BT Vision and Tiscali TV to launch a linear TV channel on their platforms and to launch VoD services providing pre-school programming and family movies.
KidsCo has an ambitious growth plan, aiming to reach 20 million pay-TV homes in 40 countries by the end of the year. The broadcaster has deals to launch in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Africa and Spain, and plans to launch its channel in Germany, France and Italy this year.
Meanwhile, the firm has appointed Eileen McCarthy as its programme director, replacing Eddy Tan, who has moved to News Corporation-owned Asia TV group, Star Entertainment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)