NBC Universal kids' channel seeks brand sponsorships
NBC Universal-backed kids' broadcaster KidsCo, which is gearing up for a UK launch, is initiating discussions with agencies to secure international sponsorship.
NBC Universal kids' channel Kidsco seeks brand sponsorships
Paul Robinson, managing director of KidsCo - a joint-venture between kids' TV producers Nelvana, DIC Entertainment and NBC Universal - said the business is looking for sponsorship with brands around certain content genres.
KidsCo is in talks with agencies representing cereal, movie, toy, juice drink, sports clothing and car clients. Robinson said its targeting of non-food brands was necessary due to food advertising regulations.
The broadcaster, which is competing with established kids' TV broadcasters Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon, has not generated advertising income in the past.
KidsCo plans to launch in the UK this year. Robinson said it was in talks with Virgin Media, BT Vision and Tiscali TV to launch a linear TV channel on their platforms and to launch VoD services providing pre-school programming and family movies.
KidsCo has an ambitious growth plan, aiming to reach 20 million pay-TV homes in 40 countries by the end of the year. The broadcaster has deals to launch in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Africa and Spain, and plans to launch its channel in Germany, France and Italy this year.
Meanwhile, the firm has appointed Eileen McCarthy as its programme director, replacing Eddy Tan, who has moved to News Corporation-owned Asia TV group, Star Entertainment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)