NBC Universal kids' channel seeks brand sponsorships
NBC Universal-backed kids' broadcaster KidsCo, which is gearing up for a UK launch, is initiating discussions with agencies to secure international sponsorship.
NBC Universal kids' channel Kidsco seeks brand sponsorships
Paul Robinson, managing director of KidsCo - a joint-venture between kids' TV producers Nelvana, DIC Entertainment and NBC Universal - said the business is looking for sponsorship with brands around certain content genres.
KidsCo is in talks with agencies representing cereal, movie, toy, juice drink, sports clothing and car clients. Robinson said its targeting of non-food brands was necessary due to food advertising regulations.
The broadcaster, which is competing with established kids' TV broadcasters Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon, has not generated advertising income in the past.
KidsCo plans to launch in the UK this year. Robinson said it was in talks with Virgin Media, BT Vision and Tiscali TV to launch a linear TV channel on their platforms and to launch VoD services providing pre-school programming and family movies.
KidsCo has an ambitious growth plan, aiming to reach 20 million pay-TV homes in 40 countries by the end of the year. The broadcaster has deals to launch in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Africa and Spain, and plans to launch its channel in Germany, France and Italy this year.
Meanwhile, the firm has appointed Eileen McCarthy as its programme director, replacing Eddy Tan, who has moved to News Corporation-owned Asia TV group, Star Entertainment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London