Nuts TV unveils cops, football, fights and girls schedule
LONDON - Men's television channel Nuts TV has unveiled a new programming structure that is split into four different strands from 'Cops & Crashes' to 'Girls'.
The strands form four key male generic interest strands across the entire schedule. Kicking off on April 7, the channel says it will introduce more original content and acquisitions.
The development comes six months into the launch of the channel and reflects a move to more tightened its TV schedule to better appeal to a young male audience.
The schedule unrolls as follows: 20:00-21:00 Cops & Crashes; 21:00-23:00 Football; 23:00-24:00 Fights & Darts; and 24:00-01:00 Girls.
Following the success of Nuts TV original production shows such as topical sporting debate programme the 'WKD Shed Sports Show and Football Hurts', which charted the journey of non-league club AFC Wimbledon, the channel will produce further original shows including 'Cage Rage Contenders' which focuses on the mixed martial arts sport of cage fighting.
Nuts TV said it would also strengthen its football programming with more resources going into acquiring further football-related content. Among the new shows that are expected to launch on the channel are 'Destination Vienna', a guide to the teams participating in the European Championships 2008; and 'Rubbernecker', which features the best in accidental motor-based smashes and spectacular stunts gone wrong.
There is more martial arts in 'Bushido: Way of the Warrior', a professional wrestling meets mixed marshal arts programme, as well as 'Master Of Darts'.
Joe Talbot, director of programming Nuts TV, said: "We are going to see a wealth of original and exciting series premiering on the channel in the coming months and are confident that it will appeal directly to those young male viewers and create more business opportunities for advertisers. We aim to deliver enough variety and quality on a regular basis to keep them hooked in and wanting to come back for more."
Nuts TV was launched in September 2007 and is licensed from IPC to sister Time Warner company Turner Broadcasting Systems. The channel is available via Freeview and Sky.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)