BBDO scoops HP's $200m global printer account
LONDON - Hewlett-Packard has appointed Omnicom Group's BBDO to the $200m (£100m) global advertising account for its imaging and printing products, previously handled by incumbent Publicis.
As part of the deal, BBDO will work with its sister agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, which remains the lead global agency on the brand, to develop the HP Imaging and Printing Group's "What do you have to say?" campaign.
HP is describing its new relationship with BBDO as a "strategic marketing partnership" rather than just an ad deal because the idea is for BBDO to use the company's printing and web products to improve the digital print supply chains for other BBDO or even Omnicom Group clients.
BBDO will work with HP to improve the way its clients distribute and track their direct mail, packaging and point-of-sale materials.
Andrew Robertson, president of BBDO Worldwide, said that Omnicom and BBDO will not be compensated financially for the adoption of HP products.
He said that BBDO has not yet approached any of its clients about using the HP technology for production of marketing materials but did have some in mind.
Ron Coughlin, senior vice-president of worldwide marketing for HP's imaging and printing group, said that Omnicom had already bought HP equipment in the past and that this agreement formalises the arrangement. He also said that Omnicom did not get the account because it agreed to buy the equipment and promote it to its clients.
Publicis will continue to work on a recently awarded digital assignment supporting the "What do you have to say?" campaign through Publicis Modem.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...