BBDO scoops HP's $200m global printer account
LONDON - Hewlett-Packard has appointed Omnicom Group's BBDO to the $200m (£100m) global advertising account for its imaging and printing products, previously handled by incumbent Publicis.
As part of the deal, BBDO will work with its sister agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, which remains the lead global agency on the brand, to develop the HP Imaging and Printing Group's "What do you have to say?" campaign.
HP is describing its new relationship with BBDO as a "strategic marketing partnership" rather than just an ad deal because the idea is for BBDO to use the company's printing and web products to improve the digital print supply chains for other BBDO or even Omnicom Group clients.
BBDO will work with HP to improve the way its clients distribute and track their direct mail, packaging and point-of-sale materials.
Andrew Robertson, president of BBDO Worldwide, said that Omnicom and BBDO will not be compensated financially for the adoption of HP products.
He said that BBDO has not yet approached any of its clients about using the HP technology for production of marketing materials but did have some in mind.
Ron Coughlin, senior vice-president of worldwide marketing for HP's imaging and printing group, said that Omnicom had already bought HP equipment in the past and that this agreement formalises the arrangement. He also said that Omnicom did not get the account because it agreed to buy the equipment and promote it to its clients.
Publicis will continue to work on a recently awarded digital assignment supporting the "What do you have to say?" campaign through Publicis Modem.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire