Philips launches transvestite-fronted ad campaign
LONDON - DDB and Tribal have produced a TV campaign with a twist for a new Philips epilator for women.
Philips...latest razor ad features transvestite
The ad for the Satinelle Ice Epilator features an LA-based transvestite dancer, Karis, using the epilator.
It was shot by Fredrik Bond of Sonny Films, and will screen across Western Europe.
Neil Dawson, DDB’s global director for Philips, said: “We wanted to find the ultimate test for this device.
“It occurred to us that a man, or more specifically a transvestite, would be the ultimate test, given the combination of low pain threshold and desire for beautiful legs.”
The TV spot is backed by print, outdoor and online ads.
Does the ad bring a tear to your eye? Comment below:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)