Philips launches transvestite-fronted ad campaign
LONDON - DDB and Tribal have produced a TV campaign with a twist for a new Philips epilator for women.
Philips...latest razor ad features transvestite
The ad for the Satinelle Ice Epilator features an LA-based transvestite dancer, Karis, using the epilator.
It was shot by Fredrik Bond of Sonny Films, and will screen across Western Europe.
Neil Dawson, DDB’s global director for Philips, said: “We wanted to find the ultimate test for this device.
“It occurred to us that a man, or more specifically a transvestite, would be the ultimate test, given the combination of low pain threshold and desire for beautiful legs.”
The TV spot is backed by print, outdoor and online ads.
Does the ad bring a tear to your eye? Comment below:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)