WPP 'considers tax-saving move to Ireland'
LONDON - WPP is considering moving its operations to Ireland to reduce its tax bill, according to a newspaper report.
Sir Martin Sorrell...report says he is considering move to Ireland
The Daily Telegraph today said that WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has expressed an interest in moving his company abroad.
WPP currently pays more than £200m a year to the government in tax.
The article says that businesses registered in Ireland only pay 12.5 per cent corporation tax, compared to 28 per cent in the UK.
A number of companies are considering moving abroad ahead of predicted changes to the tax system next year, which could raise tax on overseas profits.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...