Flood drama pulls in 7.2m viewers for ITV
LONDON - ITV1 won the bank holiday ratings battle on Sunday and Monday nights with its two-part drama 'Flood', starring David Suchet and Tom Courtenay, according to unofficial overnight figures.
The first part of 'Flood', in which Suchet, Courtenay and Robert Carlisle battled to stop London becoming part of the North Sea, attracted 7.2m viewers on Sunday night and a 29.8% share of the 8pm audience.
The second part on Monday night dropped to 6.2m and a 28% share, but still won its slot.
The drama was up against Channel 4's 'Grand Designs Live', a week-long programme in which Kevin McCloud faces the challenge of building an eco-home in six days.
It kicked off on Sunday night with 1.9m viewers and a 7.9% share of the 8pm audience. Including Channel 4+1 ratings this increased to 2.1m and an 8.4% share.
The second part of the show on Monday night fared slightly better pulling in 2m viewers and a 7.9% share of the 9pm audience. This increased to 2.1m and an 8.3% share including Channel 4+1 figures.
BBC One's popular drama 'Waking the Dead' was beaten by 'Flood' on Monday night, but still drew in 6.1m viewers and a 24.5% share of the 9pm audience.
On Saturday night, ITV1's 'Britain's Got Talent' won its slot pulling in 8.5m viewers and a 39% share of the 8pm audience. This was lower than the previous week when it managed 9.4m viewers and a 41.2% share.
ITV's US quirky import 'Pushing Daisies', starring Anna Friel, continued to lose viewers with 3.1m tuning in and a 14.8% share of the 9pm audience, compared with 3.8m last week and a 17.5% share.
ITV weathered a storm of protests over its decision not to air the second episode of the nine part series, which had already been cut short by the US writer's strike.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London