TV and internet ad combination reaps success
LONDON - Combining TV and online advertising is more effective than using either in isolation, according to research.
Internet...successful in conjunction with TV ads
Thinkbox and the Internet Advertising Bureau carried out research which showed that combining the two led to an increased positive brand perception of around 50 per cent.
The survey focused on medium to heavy users of digital TV broadband internet.
Tess Alps, chief executive of Thinkbox, said: "Online usage is not displacing TV viewing and it is time to celebrate the complementarity of these two most powerful digital media."
The research also showed:
- The likelihood of buying or using a product increases by more than 50% when TV and online are used together;
- 48% of the sample group watched broadcast TV while online, most days;
- Two thirds of this group have watched TV via online providers;
- Both TV and the internet are used for entertainment (TV, 80%; online 56%) and both have a significant influence on driving purchase (75% and 52%)
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)