Bebo's Kate Modern comes to an end... for now
LONDON - 'Kate Modern', the online drama that has helped drive the popularity of social networking site Bebo, is to finish on June 28 but the producers are leaving the door open to an eventual return.
Producer Eqal, previously known as LG15, is promising a "high octane" conclusion to the show in June, which it says will be the final show "for the foreseeable future".
Miles Beckett, co-founder of Eqal, said: "While the show will conclude as planned, the LG15 universe continues to develop with plotlines crossing into its sister show 'lonelygirl15' and the possibility for more shows in the UK and abroad."
The show won the Broadcasting Press Guild Innovation Award in April.
Joanna Shields, president of Bebo, said: "We could not be any prouder of 'Kate Modern' and what it has achieved. It created a new genre and demonstrated the power of media on a social network with gripping storylines and peerless production values."
'Kate Modern' was funded by brands paying to be featured in the storyline, among them Orange, MSN, Creme Egg and Toyota.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...