Cadbury unveils latest Trident gum TV ad
LONDON - Cadbury has launched the second TV ad in Trident chewing gum's 'Mess with your head' campaign, featuring a young lady daydreaming of a fantasy world filled with fun and adventure.
The 20-second spot, for Trident Splash, was created by JWT's Phillip Meyler and Darren Keff and constructs a metaphor for the experience of chewing Trident gum.
It features a gum-chewing young woman in an airport queue, whose mind takes her to an imaginary world where she experiences a surreal adventure with synchronised swimmers, a performing sea lion and a spacehopper ride through a fifties B-movie set.
She jolts back to reality as her spacehopper explodes, squirting green liquid all over the screen. It closes with the campaign endline: "Mess with your head".
The ad breaks tonight and is the first of two ads directed by Traktor through production company Partizan.
It was shot in and around LA by Traktor's crew, which included Bill Pope, director of photography for 'The Matrix' and 'Spiderman' films.
Russell Ramsey, executive creative director of JWT, said: "They're cool entertaining films that make their point in a crazy way."
The "Mess with your head" campaign is the second for Trident since it launched last year with the controversial "mastication for the nation" campaign.
The ads aired across TV and cinema featuring black and white people speaking with strong Caribbean accents.
More than 500 viewers complained to the ASA that the ads showed offensive stereotypes and ridiculed black or Caribbean people. The campaign was subsequently banned for being racist and offensive.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais