Cadbury unveils latest Trident gum TV ad
LONDON - Cadbury has launched the second TV ad in Trident chewing gum's 'Mess with your head' campaign, featuring a young lady daydreaming of a fantasy world filled with fun and adventure.
The 20-second spot, for Trident Splash, was created by JWT's Phillip Meyler and Darren Keff and constructs a metaphor for the experience of chewing Trident gum.
It features a gum-chewing young woman in an airport queue, whose mind takes her to an imaginary world where she experiences a surreal adventure with synchronised swimmers, a performing sea lion and a spacehopper ride through a fifties B-movie set.
She jolts back to reality as her spacehopper explodes, squirting green liquid all over the screen. It closes with the campaign endline: "Mess with your head".
The ad breaks tonight and is the first of two ads directed by Traktor through production company Partizan.
It was shot in and around LA by Traktor's crew, which included Bill Pope, director of photography for 'The Matrix' and 'Spiderman' films.
Russell Ramsey, executive creative director of JWT, said: "They're cool entertaining films that make their point in a crazy way."
The "Mess with your head" campaign is the second for Trident since it launched last year with the controversial "mastication for the nation" campaign.
The ads aired across TV and cinema featuring black and white people speaking with strong Caribbean accents.
More than 500 viewers complained to the ASA that the ads showed offensive stereotypes and ridiculed black or Caribbean people. The campaign was subsequently banned for being racist and offensive.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)