Trident targets dieters with mint-chocolate gum
LONDON - Cadbury is preparing to launch a mint-chocolate variant of its Trident chewing-gum brand, aimed at chocolate-lovers who are watching their weight.
The mint-chocolate product, which will be one of four gel-filled variants added to the range, will be available by the end of next month. Lemon, mint and peppermint flavours are also planned, and the launch will be backed by a TV campaign that will communicate the products' rehydration properties.
The push is part of a new product development strategy by Cadbury intended to steal share from the chewing-gum market leader Wrigley.
At the end of last week Kellogg announced that it was launching a mint-chocolate variant of its Special K bar to attract consumers to the cereal bar category, which is dominated by fruit and nut products.
Trident Splash is currently being promoted with a TV campaign, created by JWT, that continues the brand's 'Mess with your head' theme. It shows a woman in an airport, whose mind takes her to a surreal imaginary world.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)