Trident targets dieters with mint-chocolate gum
LONDON - Cadbury is preparing to launch a mint-chocolate variant of its Trident chewing-gum brand, aimed at chocolate-lovers who are watching their weight.
The mint-chocolate product, which will be one of four gel-filled variants added to the range, will be available by the end of next month. Lemon, mint and peppermint flavours are also planned, and the launch will be backed by a TV campaign that will communicate the products' rehydration properties.
The push is part of a new product development strategy by Cadbury intended to steal share from the chewing-gum market leader Wrigley.
At the end of last week Kellogg announced that it was launching a mint-chocolate variant of its Special K bar to attract consumers to the cereal bar category, which is dominated by fruit and nut products.
Trident Splash is currently being promoted with a TV campaign, created by JWT, that continues the brand's 'Mess with your head' theme. It shows a woman in an airport, whose mind takes her to a surreal imaginary world.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham