Trident targets dieters with mint-chocolate gum
LONDON - Cadbury is preparing to launch a mint-chocolate variant of its Trident chewing-gum brand, aimed at chocolate-lovers who are watching their weight.
The mint-chocolate product, which will be one of four gel-filled variants added to the range, will be available by the end of next month. Lemon, mint and peppermint flavours are also planned, and the launch will be backed by a TV campaign that will communicate the products' rehydration properties.
The push is part of a new product development strategy by Cadbury intended to steal share from the chewing-gum market leader Wrigley.
At the end of last week Kellogg announced that it was launching a mint-chocolate variant of its Special K bar to attract consumers to the cereal bar category, which is dominated by fruit and nut products.
Trident Splash is currently being promoted with a TV campaign, created by JWT, that continues the brand's 'Mess with your head' theme. It shows a woman in an airport, whose mind takes her to a surreal imaginary world.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)