Trident targets dieters with mint-chocolate gum
LONDON - Cadbury is preparing to launch a mint-chocolate variant of its Trident chewing-gum brand, aimed at chocolate-lovers who are watching their weight.
The mint-chocolate product, which will be one of four gel-filled variants added to the range, will be available by the end of next month. Lemon, mint and peppermint flavours are also planned, and the launch will be backed by a TV campaign that will communicate the products' rehydration properties.
The push is part of a new product development strategy by Cadbury intended to steal share from the chewing-gum market leader Wrigley.
At the end of last week Kellogg announced that it was launching a mint-chocolate variant of its Special K bar to attract consumers to the cereal bar category, which is dominated by fruit and nut products.
Trident Splash is currently being promoted with a TV campaign, created by JWT, that continues the brand's 'Mess with your head' theme. It shows a woman in an airport, whose mind takes her to a surreal imaginary world.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading