Trident targets dieters with mint-chocolate gum
LONDON - Cadbury is preparing to launch a mint-chocolate variant of its Trident chewing-gum brand, aimed at chocolate-lovers who are watching their weight.
The mint-chocolate product, which will be one of four gel-filled variants added to the range, will be available by the end of next month. Lemon, mint and peppermint flavours are also planned, and the launch will be backed by a TV campaign that will communicate the products' rehydration properties.
The push is part of a new product development strategy by Cadbury intended to steal share from the chewing-gum market leader Wrigley.
At the end of last week Kellogg announced that it was launching a mint-chocolate variant of its Special K bar to attract consumers to the cereal bar category, which is dominated by fruit and nut products.
Trident Splash is currently being promoted with a TV campaign, created by JWT, that continues the brand's 'Mess with your head' theme. It shows a woman in an airport, whose mind takes her to a surreal imaginary world.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London