Harry Potter star Emma Watson to be face of Chanel
LONDON - Emma Watson, the actress who plays Hermione Granger in the 'Harry Potter' films, is to replace Keira Knightley as the face of the Chanel fragrance Coco Mademoiselle in a contract worth £3m.
The 18-year-old actress has signed a two-year contract with the French fashion house, replacing 'Atonement' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star Knightley, whose contract with Coco Mademoiselle runs out this summer.
Knightley will be given a new role at Chanel when Watson takes over.
Watson has been associated with the Chanel brand for some time, and they have been dressing her for film premieres and parties over recent months.
It is understood that Warner Bros, which makes the 'Harry Potter' films, has approved the deal.
Watson landed the part of Hermione Granger in JK Rowling's Harry Potter movies when she was nine years old. She has starred in all five movies so far and has signed up for the rest of the series.
Watson also signed up to top modelling agency Storm in an attempt to move into other areas of show business.
Last month, it was reported that Audrey Tautou, star of 'Amelie' and 'The Da Vinci Code', has been signed up to appear in the next Chanel No 5 perfume ad, due to air in 2009.
Tautou replaces Nicole Kidman as the front-woman for Chanel No 5, which has a history of high-profile, expensive advertising campaigns.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Account Manager ADLIB £25000 - £35000 per annum, Reading