Sid Lee scoops Adidas Originals global ad account
LONDON - Adidas has appointed Montreal-based Sid Lee as the lead creative agency for its retro casual sports-wear line Adidas Originals, following a review involving incumbent 180 Amsterdam.
Sid Lee will lead the advertising, branding, retail design, experiential and interactive communications for Adidas Originals.
The brand has a retro feel and uses the famous Trefoil logo, which was originally used on all Adidas products until the company introduced a new logo in 1991.
Sid Lee has previously worked on projects for the brand including a launch campaign for the Adidas Originals Denim by Diesel collection.
As the lead creative agency, Sid Lee will develop a global platform that will be progressively implemented in Europe, America and Asia.
Hermann Deininger, chief marketing officer of Adidas Sports Style, said: "For the Adidas Originals brand, we wanted to tap into Sid Lee's progressive approach that has taken integration to a new level by seamlessly managing all possible contact points with consumers.
"Sid Lee rejects boundaries between disciplines and assembles multi-disciplinary teams to a groundbreaking extent."
The agency also created the Atelier retail concept, which was recently launched in New York and Berlin. The concept transforms the store into a canvas that allows Adidas Originals to share its brand history while at the same time showcasing product stories each season.
It is said to be inspired by the true meaning of the term atelier, which means an artist's studio or workroom -- an open space where inspiration and creativity can grow.
Sid Lee has offices in Montreal and Amsterdam and its clients include Cirque de Soleil, MGM Mirage and Red Bull.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London