Sony Ericsson backs half-marathon event
LONDON - Sony Ericsson is stepping up its sports sponsorship activity by becoming the title sponsor of London's first half marathon, Run To The Beat.
The event, created by the mass-participation division of sports agency IMG, takes place on 5 October at The O2 and will feature live music.
Sony Ericsson plans to use Run to the Beat to promote its Walkman mobile phones, such as the W760i, which includes training applications, including a built-in pedometer and GPS support, enabling runners to record time, distance and speed.
The half-marathon route will feature scientifically selected live music to boost performance, at 16 stations positioned along the course. Dr Costas Karageorghis of Brunel University, who developed the route music said: 'The selection spans age groups and genders to provide motivational music that will inspire runners as well as spectators.' The line-up of acts will be announced later this month.
To promote the race, Sony Ericsson, which is also the title sponsor of the WTA (Women's Tennis Association), will relaunch its dedicated website. It will feature course details as well as outlining the 'science behind the music' and offering downloadable playlists and training programmes.
Promotional activity has been created and implemented by Brando with experiential activity managed by Iris and media planned by Mediaedge:cia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London