Harpers.co.uk relaunches website as TalkingDrinks.com
LONDON - B2B wine and spirits website Harpers.co.uk is to relaunch as TalkingDrinks.com and will branch out from its historical base covering wine and spirits to include more news on the beer, cider and soft drinks markets.
Breaking news will continue to drive the revamped website forward while new interactive features such as content rating, user comments, forums and guest blogs will help build an online community for the drinks trade.
The new site will feature user profiles, forums, editor's blog, guest blogs and a new look events section where site users can upload their own events.
A number of other site developments are planned for the Nexus Business Media site in the coming months, including photo and video gallery submission for registered users and a personalised MyTalkingDrinks site.
Neil Thackray, chief executive of Nexus Business Media, said: "The drinks industry is a truly international community and we have established ourselves as its meeting point. We don't do magazines online. We make great magazines, and great online business experiences."
David Shrimpton, Nexus Business Media digital managing editor, said: "TalkingDrinks.com will link what is becoming an increasingly global drinks industry."
TalkingDrinks.com will go live on July 24 2008. Nexus says that since the Harpers website relaunch in May 2007, page views have increased nearly five fold and the number of unique users experienced has risen to 24,000 a month.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)