BSkyB rebrands flagship Sky channels
LONDON - BSkyB is preparing to unveil the largest rebrand of its Sky 1, Sky 2 and Sky 3 entertainment channels since their launch.
The channels have been rebranded into numerical form and feature new idents that relate each of them to distinctive elements or states - solids for Sky 1, liquids for Sky 2 and particles for Sky 3. Sky has also introduced numbers for its logos replacing Sky One et cetera.
Each of the idents also incorporates exclusive Sky content, including shows such as 'Lost' and 'Bones', to establish a closer association between channel brands and programming.
Sky Creative and The Moving Picture Company created the new idents, which will be supported by a major through-the-line marketing campaign in the coming months.
Richard Woolfe, controller of Sky 1, 2 and 3, said: "We now have a creative framework which really aligns with the personality of our channels and which will help viewers better identify with the programming that means so much to them."
Sky Creative's design brief was to create an entertaining cross-media identity for Sky 1 with a premium feel and which positioned the brand as synonymous with must-see and exclusive content. The creative team also worked on strengthening the family association of Sky 1, 2 and 3.
The 'elements' concept was developed by Jonathan Yeo, Sky Creative's senior designer, and was selected due to its ability to combine a strong brand narrative with programming and talent.
Yeo said: "Each of the idents feature a single piece of action and each of the logos react in a different way depending on their behavioural elements.
"Moving to a numerical design makes the logos more compact for on-screen positioning, and has helped it to carry the many messages that often accompany it."
The new on and off-air look is set to break on August 31 at 6:00pm.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...