BSkyB rebrands flagship Sky channels
LONDON - BSkyB is preparing to unveil the largest rebrand of its Sky 1, Sky 2 and Sky 3 entertainment channels since their launch.
The channels have been rebranded into numerical form and feature new idents that relate each of them to distinctive elements or states - solids for Sky 1, liquids for Sky 2 and particles for Sky 3. Sky has also introduced numbers for its logos replacing Sky One et cetera.
Each of the idents also incorporates exclusive Sky content, including shows such as 'Lost' and 'Bones', to establish a closer association between channel brands and programming.
Sky Creative and The Moving Picture Company created the new idents, which will be supported by a major through-the-line marketing campaign in the coming months.
Richard Woolfe, controller of Sky 1, 2 and 3, said: "We now have a creative framework which really aligns with the personality of our channels and which will help viewers better identify with the programming that means so much to them."
Sky Creative's design brief was to create an entertaining cross-media identity for Sky 1 with a premium feel and which positioned the brand as synonymous with must-see and exclusive content. The creative team also worked on strengthening the family association of Sky 1, 2 and 3.
The 'elements' concept was developed by Jonathan Yeo, Sky Creative's senior designer, and was selected due to its ability to combine a strong brand narrative with programming and talent.
Yeo said: "Each of the idents feature a single piece of action and each of the logos react in a different way depending on their behavioural elements.
"Moving to a numerical design makes the logos more compact for on-screen positioning, and has helped it to carry the many messages that often accompany it."
The new on and off-air look is set to break on August 31 at 6:00pm.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...