Kate Moss may earn £25m in Topshop China deal
LONDON - Supermodel Kate Moss is set to spearhead the launch of Topshop in China with her collection for the store in a deal that could be worth up to £25m.
Sir Philip Green, owner of Arcadia Group, is said to be close to signing a deal to rent space in the Shanghai Superbrand Mall and is looking at other locations in Beijing and Hong Kong, according to a report in the Daily Mail.
Green is understood to have asked Moss to spearhead the launch with the collections she has designed for Topshop.
Moss was paid around £3m to put her name to the range in the UK, but due to the volume of potential sales in China it is thought that her share could be between £15m and £25m.
Last year, Moss helped launch Topshop in Barney's, one of New York's best-known department stores.
Topshop is now planning to target the young Chinese, who are benefiting from their country's sustained economic boom and have a strong desire to own the latest Western fashions.
Last month, sales of Arcadia's youth fashion brands -- Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge -- broke through the £1bn barrier.
Green then unveiled ambitious international expansion plans for the three brands including opening up to 50 new stores around the world.
The international strategy includes taking the three brands to Japan, China and India for the first time in the coming year as well as significantly expanding the presence of Topshop and Topman in Russia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...