Wagamama teams up with Multimap for debut online campaign
LONDON - Asian restaurant chain Wagamama has partnered with Multimap for its first online ad campaign that will see branded messages appear whenever a user searches for an address near a Wagamama location.
Wagamama: set for first online ad campaign
The geo-targeted ad campaign will target anyone preparing to visit an area near any of the company's 60 UK restaurants. A message will appear on the screen calling for people to "click here for noodles in this area". When the visitor clicks on the message, all Wagamama restaurants in the area will be revealed on the map and identified with a star. Clicking on the stars will bring up an address and telephone number of the branch and a link to the Wagamama website.
The campaign, which was booked by AdConnection, was produced by Magnitude, the same company that built the Wagamama website.
Hugh de Winton, part of the communications planning team at AdConnection, said that consumer engagement was becoming "more important and harder to achieve", but that the new campaign represented a "high level of innovation, is very accountable and is relevant to the end user".
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...