Wagamama teams up with Multimap for debut online campaign
LONDON - Asian restaurant chain Wagamama has partnered with Multimap for its first online ad campaign that will see branded messages appear whenever a user searches for an address near a Wagamama location.
Wagamama: set for first online ad campaign
The geo-targeted ad campaign will target anyone preparing to visit an area near any of the company's 60 UK restaurants. A message will appear on the screen calling for people to "click here for noodles in this area". When the visitor clicks on the message, all Wagamama restaurants in the area will be revealed on the map and identified with a star. Clicking on the stars will bring up an address and telephone number of the branch and a link to the Wagamama website.
The campaign, which was booked by AdConnection, was produced by Magnitude, the same company that built the Wagamama website.
Hugh de Winton, part of the communications planning team at AdConnection, said that consumer engagement was becoming "more important and harder to achieve", but that the new campaign represented a "high level of innovation, is very accountable and is relevant to the end user".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)