Foot Locker backs Urban Music Awards
LONDON - Foot Locker, the sports retailer, is sponsoring the Next Urban Superstar category at the Urban Music Awards and will be hosting auditions in its stores.
Marketing agency Momentum Manchester has developed the campaign for the retailer, which runs parallel to an 'X Factor' style TV show following the competition to claim the Next Urban Superstar title.
The winner will secure a recording contract and will be presented with the 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar' award at the UMA ceremony on November 1.
The Urban Music Awards are run by Invincible Media Group, which owns bi-monthly urban music magazine Invincible.
Budding urban artists can audition at Invincible Media's live events and private booths in Foot Locker stores across 20 cities throughout the UK until September.
The events also feature street acts including breakdancing and beatboxing.
Successful entrants will qualify for televised heats that will be broadcast online on Invincible TV.
Jordan Kensington, chief executive officer of the Urban Music Awards and Invincible Media Group, said: "We've had a very positive experience working with both Foot Locker and Momentum on the launch of this year's most anticipated TV show -- 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar'."
Emma Kershaw, Momentum Manchester's account manager, said: "The brief was to create awareness of the sponsorship and really engage with the Foot Locker consumer.
"By taking the auditions to the streets, Foot Locker has opened the competition up to their customers and urban artists who may not have the nerve to attend the live auditions."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...