Foot Locker backs Urban Music Awards
LONDON - Foot Locker, the sports retailer, is sponsoring the Next Urban Superstar category at the Urban Music Awards and will be hosting auditions in its stores.
Marketing agency Momentum Manchester has developed the campaign for the retailer, which runs parallel to an 'X Factor' style TV show following the competition to claim the Next Urban Superstar title.
The winner will secure a recording contract and will be presented with the 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar' award at the UMA ceremony on November 1.
The Urban Music Awards are run by Invincible Media Group, which owns bi-monthly urban music magazine Invincible.
Budding urban artists can audition at Invincible Media's live events and private booths in Foot Locker stores across 20 cities throughout the UK until September.
The events also feature street acts including breakdancing and beatboxing.
Successful entrants will qualify for televised heats that will be broadcast online on Invincible TV.
Jordan Kensington, chief executive officer of the Urban Music Awards and Invincible Media Group, said: "We've had a very positive experience working with both Foot Locker and Momentum on the launch of this year's most anticipated TV show -- 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar'."
Emma Kershaw, Momentum Manchester's account manager, said: "The brief was to create awareness of the sponsorship and really engage with the Foot Locker consumer.
"By taking the auditions to the streets, Foot Locker has opened the competition up to their customers and urban artists who may not have the nerve to attend the live auditions."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + car/ car allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Regional Marketing Manager - Northern Region EMO £30-35,000 per annum + CAR + Benefits, Northern Region - Home Based