Foot Locker backs Urban Music Awards
LONDON - Foot Locker, the sports retailer, is sponsoring the Next Urban Superstar category at the Urban Music Awards and will be hosting auditions in its stores.
Marketing agency Momentum Manchester has developed the campaign for the retailer, which runs parallel to an 'X Factor' style TV show following the competition to claim the Next Urban Superstar title.
The winner will secure a recording contract and will be presented with the 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar' award at the UMA ceremony on November 1.
The Urban Music Awards are run by Invincible Media Group, which owns bi-monthly urban music magazine Invincible.
Budding urban artists can audition at Invincible Media's live events and private booths in Foot Locker stores across 20 cities throughout the UK until September.
The events also feature street acts including breakdancing and beatboxing.
Successful entrants will qualify for televised heats that will be broadcast online on Invincible TV.
Jordan Kensington, chief executive officer of the Urban Music Awards and Invincible Media Group, said: "We've had a very positive experience working with both Foot Locker and Momentum on the launch of this year's most anticipated TV show -- 'Britain's Next Urban Superstar'."
Emma Kershaw, Momentum Manchester's account manager, said: "The brief was to create awareness of the sponsorship and really engage with the Foot Locker consumer.
"By taking the auditions to the streets, Foot Locker has opened the competition up to their customers and urban artists who may not have the nerve to attend the live auditions."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London