Dennis moves into Indian market with joint publishing venture
LONDON - Dennis Publishing, the company behind more than 50 magazines, is set to enter the Indian market after signing a joint venture deal with Media Transasia, the Asian publisher of Dennis' licensed titles Maxim and Blender.
James Tye, chief executive of Dennis Publishing
The new company will be known as Dennis Media Transasia India and will be based in offices across the continent, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata.
Media Transasia already publishes men's title Maxim and music magazine Blender in Asia, and there are plans to launch an Indian edition of Blender. However, the focus will be on launching online properties for the first six months.
In the long term, Dennis Media Transasia India has ambitions to become the biggest men's publisher in India.
James Tye, chief executive of Dennis Publishing, said that both privately owned companies share the same philosophy of serving customers with "innovative and outstanding" editorial.
Earlier this week, Dennis announced plans to launch its current affairs news digest The Week in Australia in October.
The Australian edition of the magazine is also set to be sold in Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
The launch is being funded by the proceeds of the sale of Dennis' US assets, including Blender, The Week and Maxim, which it sold for a reported £240m last year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Global Production Director Dynamic New Alliances £90000.00 - £130000.00 per annum + relocation package , South Korea