Dennis moves into Indian market with joint publishing venture
LONDON - Dennis Publishing, the company behind more than 50 magazines, is set to enter the Indian market after signing a joint venture deal with Media Transasia, the Asian publisher of Dennis' licensed titles Maxim and Blender.
James Tye, chief executive of Dennis Publishing
The new company will be known as Dennis Media Transasia India and will be based in offices across the continent, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata.
Media Transasia already publishes men's title Maxim and music magazine Blender in Asia, and there are plans to launch an Indian edition of Blender. However, the focus will be on launching online properties for the first six months.
In the long term, Dennis Media Transasia India has ambitions to become the biggest men's publisher in India.
James Tye, chief executive of Dennis Publishing, said that both privately owned companies share the same philosophy of serving customers with "innovative and outstanding" editorial.
Earlier this week, Dennis announced plans to launch its current affairs news digest The Week in Australia in October.
The Australian edition of the magazine is also set to be sold in Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
The launch is being funded by the proceeds of the sale of Dennis' US assets, including Blender, The Week and Maxim, which it sold for a reported £240m last year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)