New Hovis ad - Watch it here
LONDON - Hovis tonight broadcast its much-trailed 122-second TV spot, featuring the brand's classic boy-on-a-bike, to celebrate its 122nd birthday.
Created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, the spot encapsulates the entire time period by using a boy who picks up his bread in 1886.
During his journey home, he travels through time and Britain’s major historic events, to deliver it to his mum in 2008.
As he walks out of the shop, wearing a cloth cap and scruffy clothes, he is almost run over by a horse and carriage.
As his journey progresses, and his clothes change to suit the era, he runs past women’s rights marches, posters for the Titanic and young soldiers marching to World War I.
He then climbs over the debris of the Blitz and past charred remains of houses.
The second half of his journey sees him run through a street party for the Coronation, pass by people celebrating the 1966 World Cup win, get stuck in the middle of a stand-off between miners and coppers, and witness fireworks heralding the new millennium.
It ends with him dropping the bread on his mum’s table.
Jon Goldstone, marketing director, Hovis
Re-establish Hovis as a legendary bread brand
Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy
Richard Orrick, Work
National TV, national press
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London