New Hovis ad - Watch it here
LONDON - Hovis tonight broadcast its much-trailed 122-second TV spot, featuring the brand's classic boy-on-a-bike, to celebrate its 122nd birthday.
Created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, the spot encapsulates the entire time period by using a boy who picks up his bread in 1886.
During his journey home, he travels through time and Britain’s major historic events, to deliver it to his mum in 2008.
As he walks out of the shop, wearing a cloth cap and scruffy clothes, he is almost run over by a horse and carriage.
As his journey progresses, and his clothes change to suit the era, he runs past women’s rights marches, posters for the Titanic and young soldiers marching to World War I.
He then climbs over the debris of the Blitz and past charred remains of houses.
The second half of his journey sees him run through a street party for the Coronation, pass by people celebrating the 1966 World Cup win, get stuck in the middle of a stand-off between miners and coppers, and witness fireworks heralding the new millennium.
It ends with him dropping the bread on his mum’s table.
Jon Goldstone, marketing director, Hovis
Re-establish Hovis as a legendary bread brand
Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy
Richard Orrick, Work
National TV, national press
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England