New Hovis ad - Watch it here
LONDON - Hovis tonight broadcast its much-trailed 122-second TV spot, featuring the brand's classic boy-on-a-bike, to celebrate its 122nd birthday.
Created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, the spot encapsulates the entire time period by using a boy who picks up his bread in 1886.
During his journey home, he travels through time and Britain’s major historic events, to deliver it to his mum in 2008.
As he walks out of the shop, wearing a cloth cap and scruffy clothes, he is almost run over by a horse and carriage.
As his journey progresses, and his clothes change to suit the era, he runs past women’s rights marches, posters for the Titanic and young soldiers marching to World War I.
He then climbs over the debris of the Blitz and past charred remains of houses.
The second half of his journey sees him run through a street party for the Coronation, pass by people celebrating the 1966 World Cup win, get stuck in the middle of a stand-off between miners and coppers, and witness fireworks heralding the new millennium.
It ends with him dropping the bread on his mum’s table.
Jon Goldstone, marketing director, Hovis
Re-establish Hovis as a legendary bread brand
Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy
Richard Orrick, Work
National TV, national press
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...