Bebo Message From Earth project to become TV show
LONDON - The extra-terrestrial communication project, 'A Message From Earth', set up by social networking site Bebo and production company RDF is to be made into a TV show due to its ongoing success.
The project enables Bebo users to create and vote for 500 digital messages to be broadcast into space. In the first month since it launched the site has attracted 350,000 visitors and 10m video views.
Oli Madgett, who conceived the project, said: "We are now working on developing the next stage of the project, both in terms of integrating brands, rolling out into other territories and launching a complementary TV proposition."
Celebrity submissions from the likes of Scott Mills on Radio 1 and pop group McFly have encouraged the rest of the community to take part.
The final 500 messages to go into space will be chosen entirely by the Bebo community via a vote which runs until September 30.
Kate Burns, vice president for Bebo Europe said: "Today's youth audience is looking for ways to express itself and this project is allowing us a window into what people care about from lighthearted fun to the issues that really make people stop and think."
The weekly magazine 'The Launch Pad' has also attracted more than one million views to date.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Network Marketing £20000 - £23000 per annum, West Yorkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...