Star Wars: The Clone Wars to launch exclusively on Sky Movies
LONDON - Sky Movies has secured the UK rights to George Lucas' new animated series 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', and will air 22 half-hour episodes weekly from October 25.
The series is executive produced by 'Star Wars' creator Lucas and follows the adventures of characters Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda as they battle the forces of the dark side.
The premiere of 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' follows in a long line of firsts for Sky Movies with the Star Wars franchise, including the UK HD premieres of all six original feature-length films, the commission and world premiere of 'Star Wars: Shortened' by the Reduced Shakespeare Company, and the documentary 'Feel the Force', which aired before the cinematic release of 'Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith'.
Ian Lewis, director for Sky Movies and Sky Box Office said "For years Sky Movies has been the first place to see 'Star War's films on British television, so we're thrilled that this time we will be the first place anywhere that UK fans will be able to watch 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
The series begins October 3 in the US, following the release of a feature-length animated film 'Clone Wars' in the summer.
An earlier Lucas-produced 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' animated series also aired in North America in 2003 on the Cartoon Network.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...