Raunchy Champagne ad banned for seduction link
LONDON - A sexy ad for Saile and Sabga Champagne has been banned for linking alcohol with seduction.
Saile & Sabga...ad banned
The magazine ad featured a black-and-white image of a scantily clad man and woman on a boat.
The woman, with her legs spread apart, was pictured pouring Champagne on to the man's bare chest.
The Advertising Standards Authority today said: "We considered that readers of the ad were likely to infer that her motive for doing so was seduction.
"We considered that the handling of Champagne in this way would be seen by readers as a metaphor for seduction."
It ordered that the ad was not shown again in its current form.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)