Sky backs HD service with £10m campaign
LONDON - Sky is to spend more than £10m on a through-the-line campaign to promote its high-definition (HD) offering. The activity will encompass TV, cinema, outdoor, digital and press.
TV ads for the campaign feature sporting and film scenes, and use the song True Colours to help highlight the image quality of programmes in HD. Sky has also secured cinema slots running before the new James Bond film, Quantum of Solace, in cinemas nationwide. The film is released at the end of this month.
The campaign represents the biggest standalone budget Sky has allocated to promoting its HD services, which it rebranded as Sky+HD earlier this year to piggyback on the popularity of its Sky+ product.
BSkyB director of brand marketing Robert Tansey said: 'This campaign reflects the emotion, intensity and richness of life in high definition, focusing on the extra feel you get through a viewing experience which is up to four times clearer. With millions of HD-ready TVs yet to offer an HD experience to their owners, this campaign will outline the quality of experience Sky+HD customers are enjoying right now.'
Sky worked with Brothers and Sisters and Venturethree on the campaign, which will run for four weeks.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...