Sky backs HD service with £10m campaign
LONDON - Sky is to spend more than £10m on a through-the-line campaign to promote its high-definition (HD) offering. The activity will encompass TV, cinema, outdoor, digital and press.
TV ads for the campaign feature sporting and film scenes, and use the song True Colours to help highlight the image quality of programmes in HD. Sky has also secured cinema slots running before the new James Bond film, Quantum of Solace, in cinemas nationwide. The film is released at the end of this month.
The campaign represents the biggest standalone budget Sky has allocated to promoting its HD services, which it rebranded as Sky+HD earlier this year to piggyback on the popularity of its Sky+ product.
BSkyB director of brand marketing Robert Tansey said: 'This campaign reflects the emotion, intensity and richness of life in high definition, focusing on the extra feel you get through a viewing experience which is up to four times clearer. With millions of HD-ready TVs yet to offer an HD experience to their owners, this campaign will outline the quality of experience Sky+HD customers are enjoying right now.'
Sky worked with Brothers and Sisters and Venturethree on the campaign, which will run for four weeks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London