Reed scoops top awards at online publishing awards
LONDON - Reed Business Information emerged as the most awarded publisher at the Association of Online Publishers Online Publishing Awards.
It scooped four awards, including best online business publisher for the second year running.
IPC Media was the second most awarded publisher, winning in the cross-media project and research and insights categories to add to its award as best consumer editorial team for nme.com.
BSkyB was awarded best consumer website for its Sky News site and was also named as the online consumer publisher of 2008.
Other awarded publishers at the event, held on Wednesday night at London's Hilton Park Lane hotel, included the Financial Times in the best use of video category for FT.com and News Group Newspapers in the best mobile site category for Sun Mobile.
Ruth Brownlee, the director of the AOP, said: "This year's winners have produced work that shows real creativity, smart use of technology and commercial acumen."
A full list of winners follows.
Winner: Guardian News and Media - guardian.co.uk/katine
Special mention: James Publishing - World Reviewer
Editorial Team - Business
Winner: Incisive Media - Accountancy Age
Editorial Team - Consumer
Winner: IPC Media nme.com
Special mention: BBC Worldwide - bbcgoodfood.com
Research & Insights Project
Winner: IPC Media - The Origin Panel Women's Space
Online Advertising Sales Team - Consumer
Winner: Future Publishing - Digital Agency Team
Online Advertising Sales Team - Business
Winner: Reed Business Information - RBI e-Newsletters
Winner: Financial Times Mockingbird Model
Special mention: Guardian News and Media Guardian Publisher Network
Winner: IPC Media The WKD Nuts Football Awards
Winner: Channel 4 Ford Bite
Use of Video
Winner: Financial Times FT.com
Special mention: Channel 4 Embarrassing Bodies
Winner: News Group Newspapers Sun Mobile
Winner: Reed Business Information Farmers Weekly Interactive
Website - Business
Winner: Reed Business Information - XpertHR.co.uk
Special mention: Faversham House Group - www.edie.net
Website - Consumer
Winner: BSkyB - Sky News
Special mention: The National Magazine Company - youandyourwedding.co.uk
Online Publisher - Business
Winner: Reed Business Information
Online Publisher - Consumer
Special mention: Associated Newspapers - Associated Northcliffe Digital
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- PR Account Manager- Wine and Spirits Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London