Spikes Asia Advertising Awards to be relaunched as JV
HONG KONG - The Spikes Asian Advertising Awards will relaunch as a major ad festival under a deal between the International Advertising Festival (IAF), organiser of Cannes Lions, and Haymarket, publisher of Media.
The Spikes, which celebrate creativity in advertising, were established by Media in 1986 and have been held in Bali for the past three years.
The joint venture between Haymarket and IAF will be called Spikes Asia -- The 1st Asian Advertising Festival.
It will build the Spikes into the region's largest forum for individuals involved in creativity and communications. It will be the region's must-attend event, attracting art directors, creatives, copywriters, media agency executives, clients, account managers, agency heads, producers and directors from the region and globally.
Launching in 2009, the festival will take place in September and is expected to be held in Singapore. It will include an exhibition of creative work from Asia, seminars and workshops, as well as the awards ceremonies.
Awards will be open only to companies in Asia. Five juries will judge the press, film, outdoor, radio, cyber, integrated, direct & promo, media, craft and design categories.
The festival will also include a Young Tigers competition for junior creatives and students, in an effort to develop young talent in the region.
Terry Savage, chairman of Cannes Lions, said: "We are committed to bringing a great event to Asia. Haymarket has a similar vision and we felt the power of Cannes and the power of Haymarket is a compelling combination that will be well received by the market."
Tim Waldron, managing director of Haymarket Asia, said: "This venture with Cannes will allow us to accelerate our growth strategy for the Spikes.
"The Spikes is one of the toughest trophies to win regionally and we believe that is down to the quality of judging. Cannes Lions have that same view, so the decision to work together in building the most important and prestigious awards festival in the region was an easy one."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)