Pilot abseils down billboard in Air New Zealand campaign
LONDON - Air New Zealand launched its latest campaign this morning by enlisting one of its pilots to abseil down a 65-foot-high billboard in London to paint the airline's new strapline on to the poster.
ANZ... new campaign
Captain Peter Clulow, who has flown with Air New Zealand for 35 years, spent four hours this morning painting "Is it just a kiwi thing?", and plans to go back up tomorrow morning for another session to finish off the job.
The billboard is situated on Middlesex Street, near Aldgate East Tube Station, and is one of the largest portrait elevations in London (at 12.22m wide x 20m high).
Captain Clulow is the latest staff member to take part in the airline’s campaign, created by Albion, which features London cabin crew members.
Captain Clulow said: When I was asked to do this, I immediately said yes – it sounded like a good chance to rappel off a tall building and have a bit of fun in the process.
"My definition of the kiwi attitude is getting on with the job, whatever it takes. I guess our ability to do this has come from our ancestors and the way they had to get stuck in when they first arrived in New Zealand."
The campaign will run until June 2009 and spans across print, Underground, billboards and online.
Agency – Albion
Creative director – Nick Darken
Art director – English Tim
Writer – Spanish Bob
Account director – Keith Martin
Planner – Glyn Britton
Producer – Eve Price
Photographer – Brian Finke
Typographer – English Tim
Retouching – James Lucas, TAG
Online design – Tom Pounder
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London