Pilot abseils down billboard in Air New Zealand campaign
LONDON - Air New Zealand launched its latest campaign this morning by enlisting one of its pilots to abseil down a 65-foot-high billboard in London to paint the airline's new strapline on to the poster.
ANZ... new campaign
Captain Peter Clulow, who has flown with Air New Zealand for 35 years, spent four hours this morning painting "Is it just a kiwi thing?", and plans to go back up tomorrow morning for another session to finish off the job.
The billboard is situated on Middlesex Street, near Aldgate East Tube Station, and is one of the largest portrait elevations in London (at 12.22m wide x 20m high).
Captain Clulow is the latest staff member to take part in the airline’s campaign, created by Albion, which features London cabin crew members.
Captain Clulow said: When I was asked to do this, I immediately said yes – it sounded like a good chance to rappel off a tall building and have a bit of fun in the process.
"My definition of the kiwi attitude is getting on with the job, whatever it takes. I guess our ability to do this has come from our ancestors and the way they had to get stuck in when they first arrived in New Zealand."
The campaign will run until June 2009 and spans across print, Underground, billboards and online.
Agency – Albion
Creative director – Nick Darken
Art director – English Tim
Writer – Spanish Bob
Account director – Keith Martin
Planner – Glyn Britton
Producer – Eve Price
Photographer – Brian Finke
Typographer – English Tim
Retouching – James Lucas, TAG
Online design – Tom Pounder
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Marketing Executive - Financial Sector Give a Grad a Go £18000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...