Bragster relaunches to attract brands
LONDON - Bragster.com, the site where dares and challenges are played out, is rebranding as it seeks to boost advertising revenue.
Bragster allows users to dare their friends to accomplish bizarre tasks such as 'apple bobbing in the toilet' and upload videos to prove they've done it.
Co-founder Bertrand Bodson said the site is removing blogs and other social networking tools to make dares the core offering.
He said the move will make the site, which is aimed at 16 to 24 year-old males, more accessible to advertisers, allowing them to integrate their brands with dares.
Bodson feels brands need to think beyond the standard CPM advertising model of banner deals or changing the backdrop of the site and integrate themselves into the online community.
In the past the site has hosted ‘sponsored brags' where brands such as Cadbury have challenged the community to complete a dare using their product.
Examples include a clothing company challenging users to show how many t-shirts they can wear at one time, or a mobile company asking how far they can throw their mobile phone.
"We don't sell sponsored brags to our user base, we say here is a competition for you guys, go ahead and have fun," Bodson said.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)