Lambie-Nairn unveils Creative Britain conference design
LONDON - Martin Lambie-Nairn has designed the brand identity, name and logo for a new international conference for the creative industries, one of the key commitments made by the Government in its Creative Britain strategy document.
The Creative and Business International Network, branded c&binet, has been developed following a commitment in the Government's 'Creative Britain: New Talents for the New Economy' plan to create an international creative business conference to help maximise the contribution of the creative industries to the wider world economy.
Lambie-Nairn's designs include a piece of artwork with a striped dress on one side to represent creativity and a bar code on the other to represent business.
The "&" symbol featured in the c&binet brand name is used to unite the two images to highlight the convergence between creativity and business.
It is one of Lambie-Nairn's biggest commissions since setting up independently as ML-N in partnership with Celia Chapman, his former producer, project director and now brand consultant.
Lambie-Nairn left the company he founded in his own name in 1976 and sold it to WPP 23-years later in 1999.
Commenting on his decision to reboot his career, Lambie-Nairn said: "If you love doing what you do, and people seem to think you do it rather well, why on earth would you want to stop?"
The inaugural c&binet will take place at The Grove in Hertfordshire from October 26 to 28 2009 and will bring together world leaders from the creative and financial industries.
Andy Burnham, culture secretary, said: "Britain has always been the natural home for the creative industries and we aim to cement that by establishing this prestigious international conference, which in time we hope will be the Davos for creative businesses."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA