Direct Marketing Commission brings in Meadows-Klue for digital focus
LONDON - The Direct Marketing Commission has recruited Danny Meadows-Klue to its board to strengthen its expertise in regulating online advertising, email, social media and emerging digital platforms.
Meadows-Klue, who co-founded the Interactive Advertising Bureau and was its first CEO, worked on the first self-regulatory codes for online advertising ten years ago.
All disciplines of direct marketing practice -- including direct mail, email, SMS, interactive television, mail order, telephone, catalogue and online -- fall within the remit of the DMC.
The DMC was launched in September as the successor to the Direct Marketing Authority and is chaired by Matti Alderson, a former director-general of the Advertising Standards Authority.
Alderson said: "Danny worked on the first self-regulatory codes in online advertising ten years ago, in 2001 he pushed the European Commission to u-turn their decision on cookies in marketing, in 2002 he confronted media owners to cut pop-ups and interruptive advertising formats because of the effect on consumers.
"He is not afraid to speak his mind, and his track record strikes the balance between protecting the consumer and creating a framework for companies to work effectively in digital channels. That makes him a uniquely experienced to provide additional insight to an already strong board."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...