"Gorilla" tops 2008 Gunn Report
LONDON - Fallon's "Gorilla", for Cadbury, was the most awarded ad in the world in 2008 according to The Gunn Report.
Gorilla...Cadbury ad tops Gunn Report
It is the second successive year that an ad by the London agency has grabbed the top spot following the success of "paint" in 2007.
The ad picked up 30 points overall while the agency had two further executions in the top five with "The baking of Fabia" for Skoda and "Play-Doh" for Sony Bravia. Both picked up 22 points and came joint third. (Tables are available at the bottom of the story).
However, the UK faired less well in other categories with no more ads featuring in the top five of any tables.
"Stains don't stand a chance for Tide Ultra", by Saatchi & Saatchi New York, took the top spot for Most Awarded Print Ads and Campaigns in the World while topping the Most Awarded Interactive Ad in the World was "Uniqlock" for Uniqlo by Tokyo's Projector inc.
This year also saw the launch of a fourth category called All Gunns Blazing, which combines everything that is brought under the banner of integrated and includes mixed media, innovative, content and contact and Titanium awards.
The winner of this category was "Earth Hour" for WWF by Leo Burnett in Sydney with 17 points.
The UK had a strong showing in the Most Awarded Agency category with Fallon and DDB taking second and third place respectively.
However, the winner in the category was BBDO New York with 63 points. This was mostly due to the success of its "voyeur" campaign for HBO. The BBDO Network also won the Most Awarded Network category with 203 points.
Despite coming second with 212 points, the UK still trailed the US by 119 points in the Most Awarded Country table. Argentina came in thirdwith 129 points, resulting in the same top three as 2007.
This year, the Most Awarded Advertiser category was shared between Sony and Volkswagen, who both picked up 50 points, displacing Nike – 2007's number one advertiser – who came in fifth.
MJZ was the most awarded production company, while Thanonchai Sornsrivichai of Thailand won the Most Awarded Director category.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)