The Macallan launches £899 limited edition bottle with Rankin photographs
LONDON - The Macallan is selling 1,000 limited-edition bottles of its fine oak 30-year-old single malt whisky, each with a unique Polaroid snap taken by the photographer Rankin.
The Polaroids have been shot at the Easter Elchies House on The Macallan Estate, and together form an essay depicting one summer.
The whisky will be packaged in black leather boxes that carry the original Polaroid. and contain an individually printed label that features the same image.
For the bargain price of £899, people will own a unique work by Rankin, made more collectible because Polaroid has discontinued making the instant film on which they are shot.
Many of the pictures include nude portraits of Tuuli, Rankin's muse. Others focus on the flora and fauna of the estate.
Rankin said: "This project is very special to me for two reasons. Firstly, I've been able to come back to the country of my birth and portray its beauty through one of the most ambitious projects I've ever attempted.
"The second reason is that this collection marks the full stop after Polaroid, as we head into the digital age."
A film about the project can be seen here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £30000 - £35000 per annum, Dartford
- (Senior) Layouts Interface Designer Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London