The Macallan launches £899 limited edition bottle with Rankin photographs
LONDON - The Macallan is selling 1,000 limited-edition bottles of its fine oak 30-year-old single malt whisky, each with a unique Polaroid snap taken by the photographer Rankin.
The Polaroids have been shot at the Easter Elchies House on The Macallan Estate, and together form an essay depicting one summer.
The whisky will be packaged in black leather boxes that carry the original Polaroid. and contain an individually printed label that features the same image.
For the bargain price of £899, people will own a unique work by Rankin, made more collectible because Polaroid has discontinued making the instant film on which they are shot.
Many of the pictures include nude portraits of Tuuli, Rankin's muse. Others focus on the flora and fauna of the estate.
Rankin said: "This project is very special to me for two reasons. Firstly, I've been able to come back to the country of my birth and portray its beauty through one of the most ambitious projects I've ever attempted.
"The second reason is that this collection marks the full stop after Polaroid, as we head into the digital age."
A film about the project can be seen here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)