Juror dismissed after posting Facebook poll about court case
LONDON - A juror has been thrown off a trial in Lancashire after she posted a poll on Facebook asking friends if they thought the defendants were guilty.
The woman was on the jury for a case about child abduction and sexual assault, the details of which she posted on her Facebook page, according to a report in The Sun.
She wrote on her webpage: "I don't know which way to go, so I'm holding a poll."
The juror was subsequently dismissed from Burnley Crown Court in Lancashire after an anonymous person reportedly informed the court about the content on the website.
She could have been charged with contempt of court, as jurors are not allowed to discuss details of cases to anyone, even family members.
The trial continued with 11 jurors, who found the defendants not guilty of child abduction and sexual assault, according to The Sun.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London