Juror dismissed after posting Facebook poll about court case
LONDON - A juror has been thrown off a trial in Lancashire after she posted a poll on Facebook asking friends if they thought the defendants were guilty.
The woman was on the jury for a case about child abduction and sexual assault, the details of which she posted on her Facebook page, according to a report in The Sun.
She wrote on her webpage: "I don't know which way to go, so I'm holding a poll."
The juror was subsequently dismissed from Burnley Crown Court in Lancashire after an anonymous person reportedly informed the court about the content on the website.
She could have been charged with contempt of court, as jurors are not allowed to discuss details of cases to anyone, even family members.
The trial continued with 11 jurors, who found the defendants not guilty of child abduction and sexual assault, according to The Sun.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire