Sony breaks animated Christmas TV campaign
LONDON - Sony is launching a UK marketing campaign to promote its Sony Centre retail chain and online channel, Sonystyle.co.uk, over the Christmas and January sales period.
The print, TV, online and in-store campaign is the first from its agency TBWA since it won the £4m ad account in September after a pitch, run by the AAR, against Fallon, Krow and Iris.
The new TV campaign, which breaks today, features a Sony Centre umbrella ad, which will be followed up throughout December with product-specific adverts for the Photo Frame range, Bravia TV and the new dancing portable audio player, Rolly.
The stop-frame animation campaign is designed to promote Sony's brand values of optimism and vibrancy with a new rainbow logo to highlight each product area; Sound, Vision, Computing, Gaming, Imaging and Service.
Central to the campaign are newly-designed Sony Centre bags featuring the rainbow logo, designed to depict Sony as 'vibrant' in contrast to the negative feelings associated with shopping on the high street.
Matt Coombe, general manager of Marketing at Sony, said: 'The ads revolve around the Sony bag as the main character, which you take your products home in and they come to life.'
TV ads will also run from 26 December to 3 January promoting Sony's New Year sale, supported with print adverts in national media.
The campaign and creative will be reflected in store with below-the-line agency, Iris, overseeing window banners, POS stands, gift guides and posters detailing services available to customers, including home delivery, installation, warranty and after sales support.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire