Sony breaks animated Christmas TV campaign
LONDON - Sony is launching a UK marketing campaign to promote its Sony Centre retail chain and online channel, Sonystyle.co.uk, over the Christmas and January sales period.
The print, TV, online and in-store campaign is the first from its agency TBWA since it won the £4m ad account in September after a pitch, run by the AAR, against Fallon, Krow and Iris.
The new TV campaign, which breaks today, features a Sony Centre umbrella ad, which will be followed up throughout December with product-specific adverts for the Photo Frame range, Bravia TV and the new dancing portable audio player, Rolly.
The stop-frame animation campaign is designed to promote Sony's brand values of optimism and vibrancy with a new rainbow logo to highlight each product area; Sound, Vision, Computing, Gaming, Imaging and Service.
Central to the campaign are newly-designed Sony Centre bags featuring the rainbow logo, designed to depict Sony as 'vibrant' in contrast to the negative feelings associated with shopping on the high street.
Matt Coombe, general manager of Marketing at Sony, said: 'The ads revolve around the Sony bag as the main character, which you take your products home in and they come to life.'
TV ads will also run from 26 December to 3 January promoting Sony's New Year sale, supported with print adverts in national media.
The campaign and creative will be reflected in store with below-the-line agency, Iris, overseeing window banners, POS stands, gift guides and posters detailing services available to customers, including home delivery, installation, warranty and after sales support.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...