Argos buys Alba and Bush trademarks
LONDON - Argos has acquired the intellectual property rights to the Alba and Bush trademarks from consumer electronics distributor Alba for £15.25m in cash.
Alba was set to end the supply of Alba and Bush branded products, which include TVs, DVD players and stereos, as part of a restructuring plan.
Argos decided to step in to acquire the brands, which it said are popular in its stores.
A spokesperson for Argos owner Home Retail Group said: "The trademarks are household names with very strong heritage, which have high awareness and purchase frequency with Argos customers."
Alba has agreed to change its name to Harvard International as part of the deal.
The company added that the financial arrangements it has reached with Alba plc mean the acquisitions are "expected to be broadly earnings neutral for the year ended February 2010".
Alba/Harvard, which distributes electrical consumer goods throughout the UK and Europe, owns several other electrical brands including Goodmans, Grundig, Sonetik, and Ministry of Sound Audio.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...