ITV.com sees 'X Factor' and soap power surge
LONDON - Demand for online video clips of 'The X Factor' and soaps has fuelled web traffic to ITV.com, which is averaging 156,000 video views per day.
Page impressions for 'The X Factor' section of the ITV site are up by 267% compared to last year, with over 15m short form video clips viewed in total for the programmes fourth season.
Views for 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here' also saw a 211% increase compared to last year.
In November, video views on ITV.com increased 15.7m, up 600% year on year.
ITV Player, its video-on-demand platform, has also seen growth, with over 22m plays this year, an increase of nearly 900%.
The top three catch-up programmes for ITV Player are 'Coronation Street' 'The X Factor' and 'Emmerdale'.
Comparatively, BBC iPlayer recently released figures showing 237m viewing requests since its official launch last Christmas.
These statistics came after a survey found a quarter of consumers watch BBC iPlayer at least once a week.
In November, ITV.com drew 9.4m unique users and 134m page impressions in November, a 270% increase since the site's re-launch in August 2007.
According to October comScore stats, ITV.com sits seventh in a league table of UK entertainment sites, up from 17th in August 2007.
Ben McOwen Wilson, ITV director of online, said: "It really has been an amazing year for ITV.com and we are extremely proud to be announcing these figures today.
"They are further proof that we have a winning formula, the combination of ITV's massive programme brands and a website that allows enjoyment of premier content online will be rewarded by the attention of millions of users.
"We will continue to listen to what users want from our flagship website as we look forward to making the site bigger and better for 2009."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...