Burger King launches meat-scented fragrance
NEW YORK - Fast-food chain Burger King has launched a meat-scented cologne in the US for under $4 (£2.56) and has aptly called it "Flame".
The men's fragrance, which is being sold at a New York retailer and online, is being touted as "the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat".
Meat-loving consumers can buy a bottle of the scent for just $3.99.
Burger King has also launched a website called FireMeetsDesire.com to accompany the cologne.
The site reads: "The Whopper sandwich is America's favourite burger. Flame by BK captures the essence of that love and gives it to you."
Users are also greeted with the caption: "Now you can set the mood for whatever you're in the mood for."
Burger King released the fragrance earlier this week and an informal survey carried out by the Boston Herald revealed that some men would actually wear it.
The fast-food chain's latest promotion follows on from a publicity stunt at its UK chain earlier this year, which saw the introduction of a £95 burger.
The burger, which contained Wagyu beef, was launched as part of a plan to emphasise the chain's premium credentials over its competitors such as McDonald's.
Burger King is not the first brand to launch its own fragrance -- the Sunday Sport got there first in May 2007 with the launch of its own branded perfume called 'Eau De Punani'.
The Sport said the scent was based on the natural aroma of a woman, and was based on the "smell" of Cherry Dee, who scooped the paper's Miss Sunday Sport 2007 title.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...