Chris Powell and Cilla Snowball honoured
LONDON - The former BMP DDB chairman Chris Powell and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's chair and chief executive, Cilla Snowball, have both picked up New Year honours.
Cilla Snowball...given CBE
Powell, heavily involved in devising ad campaigns for the Labour Party up to 1997, has been given a knighthood for his services to the advertising industry.
Snowball picked up a CBE for her services to the industry.
Powell was credited by the current trade secretary, Peter Mandleson, as the man who made advertising respectable on the left.
Through his agency, Boase Massimi Pollitt, later BMP and then DDB, he worked on Labour Party advertising between 1972 and 1997.
He is now the chairman for the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts.
Snowball worked at Allen Brady & Marsh and Ogilvy & Mather before joining AMV in 1992, and is now one of the most powerful women in the ad industry.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London