Burger King bribes people to ditch Facebook friends
NEW YORK - Burger King US has released a new Facebook application that gives users a free Whopper when they delete 10 friends from their profile page.
Facebook users can visit the Whopper Sacrifice website to install the application, and select 10 friends they wish to remove from their friend list for a free Whopper voucher.
Usually when a friend is removed on Facebook, no announcement is made, however the Burger King application creates an update to inform the deleted friend that they have been "sacrificed for a free Whopper" on their wall.
The wall post also includes links to install the Whopper Sacrifice application or join the group.
The application has over been downloaded by more than 15,000 users, with an additional 200 joining the Whopper Sacrifice group.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)